Author Topic: How to manage a Structured KeyWord Listing  (Read 1471 times)

Offline KeithPinn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to manage a Structured KeyWord Listing
« on: May 24, 2021, 08:25:38 PM »
Hi everyone: I am new to PM6+ Plus and my primary Raw Editor has been LrClassic.  I have an extensive Structured KeyWord List in LR and this can be viewed within PM6+.  My question is that I now want to use PM6+ for making additional keyword selections but I wonder how LrClassic will handle the addition of changes to the Structured KeyWord List that has been done in PM6+.  If I simply ensure LrClassic sync's the folders will that handle any changes I make, or do I have to make the change ONLY in LrClassic and then PM6+ will pick them up?  I also use Excire to complete some generic keyword generation tasks.

I have included a screen shot of my LrClassic keyword list and you will notice that I use the tilde ~ sign at the Parent Level.

Another question; I have noticed that the Structured KeyWord List in PM6+ that there appears to be many more keywords to filter upon then what shows up on the ~ group.  For example under ~THINGS where is a filter record called "1812 Pictures" with 231 images available.  Then further down in the list directly under >PLACES, the same "1812 Pictures" shows up again.  Why would this filter record appear twice and what is the significance of it showing twice?

Thanks, Keith

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to manage a Structured KeyWord Listing
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 08:54:27 PM »
Keith,

It would help to see the metadata of one of the images that contributes to those two keyword paths.

-Kirk