Author Topic: Problem preview size  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
Problem preview size
« on: October 05, 2021, 02:01:36 AM »
 Hello
Since the last version PM+ opens a preview window that is too small; before I had it full screen.
The problem reappears each time I open PM.
How can I get the full screen window back automatically?
Thanks in advance.

Mac M1, PM+ 6097
Soizic (France)
MacBook Pro M1,Ventura, PM+ à jour, deepl translator

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Problem preview size
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 07:35:53 AM »
I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic Plus go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 09:48:24 PM »
Voici
Soizic (France)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 06:46:57 AM »
Thank you for the log, Soizic.

While I don't see anything that indicates why the size of your preview window isn't being saved and restored, I do see that the Default Catalog on your system cannot be found.  Did you remove it or move it to a different location?  If you don't want the Default Catalog, be sure to go the Catalog Management window, expand the management interface (click on the triangle to the left of the Default Catalog in the Local Catalogs list) and use the Forget button to let the Catalog system know that you don't want it.

As for the preview window position and size, are you noticing that any other windows aren't saving and restoring their positions as well?  All window positions and sizes are stored in a file called com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist which is in the following location:

~/Library/Preferences

You can get there by copying that path and going to the Finder and using the "Go to Folder..." command on the "Go" menu.  Then paste the path into the text field and click the Go button.  Then find the com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist file and rename it by adding a letter (I use 'x') at the start of the name.

The file should get created again and I expect things to start working.  If they do not, please let me know.

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 07:34:44 AM »
 Thanks Kirk
Indeed I had moved my files quite a bit, hence the countless errors in the log. I renamed the plist which was not recreated after closing and reopening PM, I had to restart the computer, which I find curious (Mac M1 ?).
Now everything works perfectly as usual!
Soizic (France)

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 08:37:13 AM »

sorry it's happening again, I just opened a new folder.
The window takes 1/4 of the screen

Here are the contents of the plist:

"bplist00÷_HockeySDKCrashReportActivated_8NSToolbar Configuration PreviewWindowToolbarIdentifier6+_0NSWindow Frame NSSpellCheckerSubstitutionsPanel2_(NSNavLastUserSetHideExtensionButtonState_&HockeySDKAutomaticallySendCrashReports_NSWindow Frame PreviewWindow   ‘   

[TB Is Shown_TB Icon Size Mode\TB Size Mode_TB Display Mode_692 411 431 133 0 0 1440 875 _0 380 685 495 0 0 1440 875 5p£Œ˜ ,@M_acÉÑÖ£"
Soizic (France)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 09:07:15 AM »
Soizic,

sorry it's happening again, I just opened a new folder.
The window takes 1/4 of the screen

Here are the contents of the plist:

Can you post the actual plist file, please?  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your plist file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 09:21:04 AM »

(Etrechek and Onyx are fine)

plist :
Soizic (France)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 09:36:36 AM »
Soizic,

I don't know what those are.

The Preview window size is being saved as 685 by 495.  How are you sizing the window?  By dragging the sizing corners/edges or are you using one of the window title bar widgets?  Or are you going into full screen mode?

-Kirk

Offline Soizic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2021, 09:50:32 AM »

I don't know what those are.

search for problems on Mac

The Preview window size is being saved as 685 by 495.  How are you sizing the window?  By dragging the sizing corners/edges or are you using one of the window title bar widgets?  Or are you going into full screen mode?

I drag corners.
now it seems to be stabilized when I close and reopen PM; I saw that the plist took the right modification date

new plist joined
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:14:28 AM by Kirk Baker »
Soizic (France)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2021, 10:17:35 AM »
Soizic,

I drag corners.
now it seems to be stabilized when I close and reopen PM; I saw that the plist took the right modification date

I see that the size saved is much larger now.  Have you had issues where PM Plus has terminated abnormally or you have had to force quit the application?  If the app doesn't shut down cleanly, the window positions and sizes won't be saved.

-Kirk