Author Topic: Upload Options  (Read 436 times)

Offline PeteK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Upload Options
« on: August 23, 2024, 12:31:55 PM »
Hi there!

Couple random upload feature requests (or maybe I'm missing a way to do this in preferences?)

-It would be super useful if PM would remember our preferences for the transmit and operations pane for each connection. I.e. When I select FTP connection "Client A", it would know that my files should be resized to fit a box of 4000px and limited to 5mb, whereas when I select SFTP connection "Client B" it wouldn't resize the images but would rename them, etc etc etc

-This is super nitpicky, but I also find it really unintuitive that the connections are sorted by connection type (i.e. FTP/SFTP) rather than simply the name of the connection. I've saved each connection by the name of my client, and I never remember if they are FTP or SFTP, so I just have to choose one and then see if the client name is in the dropdown.

Thanks as always for your support — and feel free to let me know that I'm a dummy and there's an obvious way to do these things that I'm missing

Thanks!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Upload Options
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2024, 02:58:23 PM »
-It would be super useful if PM would remember our preferences for the transmit and operations pane for each connection. I.e. When I select FTP connection "Client A", it would know that my files should be resized to fit a box of 4000px and limited to 5mb, whereas when I select SFTP connection "Client B" it wouldn't resize the images but would rename them, etc etc etc

Have you tried using the snapshot feature (lightning bolt button)?  It should restore all settings that existed at the time you made the snapshot.

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001142336-snapshots

-Kirk

Offline PeteK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Upload Options
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2024, 07:02:40 AM »
Aha! Thank you! Will try that!