Author Topic: Lightroom Star Ratings Not Showing in PM+  (Read 1267 times)

Offline KSNelson1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Lightroom Star Ratings Not Showing in PM+
« on: July 05, 2023, 04:55:22 PM »
I ingested multiple images into PM+, then left PM+, and started Lightroom Classic (latest version).  I "imported" these images into LrC and have edited many of them.  Among the edits, I have assigned star ratings to many of the images.

When I re-open PM+, the star ratings assigned by LrC do not show.  I have refreshed, rescanned, left and re-started PM+, "saved Metadata" in LrC, yet I cannot get the star ratings to show, and I am going to guess, that other metadata changes are also not showing.

How can I get LrC to fully communicate back to PM+? 
And, perhaps, vice versa ...

The files are NRW+JPG - Nikon raw.

PM+ is Verson 6.0, build 6784.  OS is Windows 11.  LrC is latest version for PC.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Lightroom Star Ratings Not Showing in PM+
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2023, 08:00:02 PM »
If you separate the RAW and JPEGs on the contact sheet, do the raw files show the star ratings?

Offline KSNelson1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 10:38:35 AM »
I'll have to figure out how to separate the jpg and raw images.  I'll let you know.

Offline KSNelson1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 10:50:18 AM »
When the thumbnails are not combined, the jpg shows nothing, and the nrw (raw) shows the stars.

I wonder what the best workflow is to deal with this.  I have been using PM+ to ingest, metadate, gps my images and then import them into LrC - generally ... never to return.

Suggestions?

Offline MNeipris

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 01:16:08 PM »
You can copy the metadata from the NRW files to the associated JPEG files with the following steps:

1. Combine the NRW+JPEG pairs in the contact sheet (View-->Combined Images)

2. Select all of the images

3. Navigate to Tools-->Update IPTC/XMP....

4. In the Update IPTC/XMP window's "For RAW+JPEG pairs:", choose "Read IPTC/XMP from RAW".

5. Select the "Update" button.

Edit:
There is also a setting to change which file type Photo Mechanic displays metadata from for RAW+JPEG pairs.

1. Navigate to Preferences-->IPTC/XMP 

2. "When viewing photos in RAW+JPEG mode use the metadata from the:" choose between the JPEG file or the RAW file in the dropdown.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 02:20:25 PM by MNeipris »