Author Topic: PMP not displayed  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Stefan Cherrug

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PMP not displayed
« on: July 07, 2023, 12:09:50 AM »
How is it that PMP, which I start automatically when turning on my Mac Studio, isn't displayed on the screen. Even when clicking the program icon northing happends. To display the program I need to choose one of the folders displayed which is none I want to work in.

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PMP not displayed
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2023, 11:45:42 AM »
Hello Stefan,

I am suspecting you have Photo Mechanic's Contact Sheet preferences set to Close the contact sheet window when the last tab is closed. This check box is in the Behavior section and should be unchecked to prevent Photo Mechanic from closing the contact sheet window.  If you quit Photo Mechanic without any contact sheet window, then it will startup without opening a contact sheet. You can always use the Command-n shortcut or use the File menu's New Contact Sheet Tab, to open a contact sheet when none are present.

On Photo Mechanic's General preference page, go to the On startup section. If you set the option to Open empty contact sheet, then you will always see a contact sheet open when Photo Mechanic launches.

Best regards,

--Bob

Offline Stefan Cherrug

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2023, 12:30:33 PM »
Many thanks for your support! Here is how it looks.

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2023, 12:51:45 PM »
Hello Stefan,

Thank you for the screen shot.  You should check the third box down in the Behavior section to Create new Untitled window when resumed with no Contact Sheet window.

Best regards,

--Bob

Offline Stefan Cherrug

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2023, 01:00:15 PM »
Many thanks!