Author Topic: Save and upload / SFTP  (Read 1263 times)

Offline ama

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save and upload / SFTP
« on: August 30, 2023, 09:09:30 AM »
FIRSTLY - apologies if this has been tackled previously - I can not find a solution currently on here!

When using SFTP - it appears to be a different set-up to that of FTP in terms of sending images.

When using FTP - using the save and upload facility when the caption window is open (and not Apple U) the file is sent to the previously used server location - hence SAVE & UPLOAD.  :)

However, when the previous destination was an SFTP one, when captioning saving and uploading and going to the next image using the Save and Upload button, it resorts to an FTP connection.

I have looked in prefs to see if I can find a solution but I see nothing.

Can one send images to a server using the Save & Upload command without using Apple U?

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save and upload / SFTP
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2023, 09:58:26 AM »
The Save, Upload and Advance button in the IPTC Info dialog will only work with the FTP Uploader template.  If you need to send the images to an SFTP server, then that will need to be done from the contact sheet or preview window. Once you send one image with the SFTP connection settings, then you can use the modifier key shortcut ( Command-Option-U ) to send the next set of selected images to the same server, without opening the File Uploader dialog.  I hope this helps.

Best regards,

--Bob

Offline ama

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2023, 10:53:20 AM »
Thanks for the reply but it is most disappointing.

I'd dearly like PM to develop a better workflow for those who are forced to use SFTP because of the nasty hackers out there!  :)

Speed is the essence of beating the competition these days. We were getting pics out to 6,000 clients at the FIFA World Cup in 26 seconds after the pitchside photographer sent the image directly from the camera to our servers with Photo Mechanic playing a vital role. This will add about 3-4 seconds of extra workflow now. But now it seems we are going backwards.

Don't get me wrong, we adore PM but it's vital in Europe - the US media is not so sharp nor hungry in wanting material as fast so I'll apologise now for the US photographers who are going to comment that I am crazy.

Preying for an update  ::) ::) Could we simply have a send and upload via SFTP button below the FTP one?!

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2023, 10:57:54 AM »
Update : If you setup the SFTP template and then click the Close button at the bottom of the dialog, you can then use the Save, Upload and Advance button in the IPTC Info dialog to send the image file to the SFTP server.  My apologies for the incomplete info on my previous post.

Best regards,

--Bob