Author Topic: Customize Metadata IPTC Info field  (Read 874 times)

Offline hsaphoto

• View Profile
Customize Metadata IPTC Info field
« on: October 11, 2023, 08:59:12 AM »
Hello at PM,

using Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 6784 (409cf99) on a MacBook Pro in Ventura 13.4.1

I can't find a way to customize the Metadata IPTC Info pane to add a certain Variable - {tiffcopyright} in a new field.

Is there a way I can edit the IPTC info window ?

Many thanks,

Hugo

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Customize Metadata IPTC Info field
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 09:28:48 AM »
Adding a variable to a field is as simple as typing that variable into the field where you want the data to go, but I'm guessing that what you are actually looking for is a field that automatically populates with the copyright information that you have added from your camera. This does not exist. I would recommend using the {tiffcopyright} variable to the Metadata Template to the field where you want it to go, and applying the Template on Ingest.

Offline hsaphoto

• View Profile
Re: Customize Metadata IPTC Info field
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 06:42:02 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty fluent with variables and Code Replacement.

The concern I have is to be able to EDIT the {tiffcopyright} metadata in a field I'd like to see shown on the Metadata IPTC INFO Pane (pressing i on any thumbnail).

I can customize part of the Metadata IPTC INFO Pane via MENU Photo Mechanic 6// Settings... // Preferences // Accessibility // Customize Metadata Info button but at this stage, there is NO way to add, remove, edit a field with {tiffcopyright} variable.

That's what I'm trying to acheive.

Best regards,