Author Topic: Incremental Ingest Expiration  (Read 864 times)

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
Incremental Ingest Expiration
« on: April 23, 2024, 01:10:13 PM »
is there a time limit on how long incremental ingest remembers what was already ingested?

I'm shooting a 365 project on my pocket everyday cameras and downloading images every day. However I'm not deleting images every day.
So, today both of my cameras decided that they gonna download the whole cards.

Also, another issue... recently my Favourites just disappeared randomly. I recreated them, but it was annoying and it happened before as randomly as this time
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 02:25:32 PM by Max Lemesh »

Online ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Incremental Ingest Expiration
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 02:38:58 PM »
No, there is no expiration date. Kirk describes how it works in this thread: https://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=4548.msg20760#msg20760

Sometimes time zone changes can interfere with incremental ingest working correctly, so if you are traveling, that may be the explanation. Or perhaps the file on the memory card got deleted or was otherwise inaccessible at the time of the Ingest. Or, perhaps the favorites issue is related here: the incremental ingest record and your preferences are both stored in ~/Library (in Cache and Preferences, respectively), maybe something on your computer decided to clean up those folders. Hard to say, but there is definitely no time limit in which it stops remember files that were previously ingested.

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
Re: Incremental Ingest Expiration
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 04:42:37 AM »
Cache clean up makes sense. I recently ran CleanMyMac app