Author Topic: Linux Support  (Read 20881 times)

Offline mpw1950

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Linux Support
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 01:05:40 AM »
Every twelve months I look at the feasibility of switching my workflow to Linux. I have two stumbling blocks, PhotoMechanic and Capture 1 Pro (but an older version apparently used to run under wine so must try the latest). Everything thing else I can pretty well use open source solutions.

I would be in the market for a Linux version of PM, or one that runs under wine.

Offline aleck

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Linux Support
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2024, 12:35:14 PM »
I'm a Mac user (for twenty five years). Due to the invasive nature of recent version of macOS, iOS (without even starting on Windows 10 and Windows 11), I'm moving to Linux for my primary platform. It's mainly to help my children use Linux, as I don't want to start them to start on spyware OS.

DaVinci Resolve runs on Linux. It would be great if Photo Mechanic could at least run under Wine with a Linux Ruby library. Kirk is right. I understand what a big job it would be to do a full port and wouldn't expect that. Just a version which could run well under Wine.

I'm a DxO PhotoLab user now, but could get used to working with RawTherapee for the processing. The only software which does a decent job of metadata though is Photo Mechanic.