Author Topic: Custom Shortcuts  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
Custom Shortcuts
« on: August 21, 2024, 01:52:16 AM »
This topic keeps popping up in different threads - Custom Shortcuts

With the functionality PM provides it would greatly benefit from the ability to set custom shortcuts for this functionality in a way Davinci Resolve or Capture One does. Moreover it would be great if there was a way to set shortcut to ANY item you can click in program. Keep the default shortcuts as they are, leave them empty for all the new shortcut-able items, but please give us an option to set and change the shortcuts for tools we use often

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Custom Shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2024, 07:47:40 AM »
Max,

This topic keeps popping up in different threads - Custom Shortcuts

With the functionality PM provides it would greatly benefit from the ability to set custom shortcuts for this functionality in a way Davinci Resolve or Capture One does. Moreover it would be great if there was a way to set shortcut to ANY item you can click in program. Keep the default shortcuts as they are, leave them empty for all the new shortcut-able items, but please give us an option to set and change the shortcuts for tools we use often

Any push button, checkbox, popup menu, popup menu item, top-level menu item, contextual menu item, text field, or radio button, anywhere in the entire application?

I don't have either of the two applications that you mentioned.  Can you describe how they work in regards to custom keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Max Lemesh

• View Profile
Re: Custom Shortcuts
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2024, 02:30:08 AM »
Basically with ALMOST any function in C1 or Davinci you can go to settings, find this function and set or change a shortcut associated with it.
I understand there might be some limitations, but between limitations and no custom shortcuts at all there is a whole playground of customisation possible.

For instance, from the top of my head,  would definitely change the shortcut for reloading the code replacements and set up a shortcut to filter out zero stars. I know there is a shortcut to select 1, 2, 3... stars, but I'd like to glance over the selection without the outtakes.

Simple start would be - if there is a keyboard shortcut for a function - we should be able to change it.
And next step would be ability to add shortcuts to functions that do not have shortcuts yet, like filtering, custom editors.