Author Topic: Copyright status  (Read 4149 times)

Offline dkuhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Copyright status
« on: October 01, 2009, 09:39:28 AM »
Hello
PM 4.61  Windows XP Media  Photoshop CS3

I do all my photo numbering and data information in PM using the IPTC stationary pad.  In the stationary pad I have copyright checked and also enter my copyright infomation with copyright symbol.

When I open the file information [IPTC information] in Photoshop CS3, the following information is shown.
Copyright status - Unknown
Copyright notice - this is correctly filled in

Why is the copyright status not recorded as copyrighted?  My father and brother do the same thing procedures on their computers and this copyright status for them is correct.

Dwight Kuhn

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Copyright status
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 10:12:36 AM »
Dwight,

PM 4.61  Windows XP Media  Photoshop CS3

I do all my photo numbering and data information in PM using the IPTC stationary pad.  In the stationary pad I have copyright checked and also enter my copyright infomation with copyright symbol.

When I open the file information [IPTC information] in Photoshop CS3, the following information is shown.
Copyright notice - this is correctly filled in

Why is the copyright status not recorded as copyrighted?  My father and brother do the same thing procedures on their computers and this copyright status for them is correct.

They do this also with Photo Mechanic, or with something else?

-Kirk

Offline dkuhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 10:48:13 AM »
My father has PM 4.5.3 and CS3. Windows xp pro.  My brother has PM 4.5.4, cs3, windows xp pro

Dwight

Offline dkuhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 02:13:33 PM »
Kirk
Yes they both use photomechanic to generate all the IPTC info.  See their computer specs in the last email
Dwight

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 02:28:43 PM »
Dwight,

Yes they both use photomechanic to generate all the IPTC info.  See their computer specs in the last email

Can you send me some sample files?  Please click on my name to the left of this message, then click on the 'personal message' link.  I will respond with upload instructions.

I'd like to see one of your files, and one of the files from your dad or brother.

-Kirk

Offline dkuhn

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 07:28:16 AM »
Kirk
Since it appears that PM was not the problem we did some further research.

The three of us are uploading images to my website from digital raw photos and scanned slides. Slides are scanned with the Nikon LS5000 scanner. After scanning, the copyright fields in PM are empty, so they are filled in using PM as we would with new digital raw photos.   From scanned photos or new digital raw photos, we use PM to number label and add copyright information.

In photoshop, the copyright information fields show the following.
Digital Raw
copyright status - unknown

Scanned Slide
copyright status - copyrighted

When you are doing upgrades to PM, it would be great if there was a way to using PM's stationary pad to add the copright status from digital raw images so it shows in Photoshop.  Its a little conflicting in Photoshop seeing the following fields.
Copyright Notice - © Dwight Kuhn

We can change the field in Photoshop, but that defeats the purpose of using PM for this.

We love PM.  It is such a great program.  Thanks for the support

Dwight