Author Topic: Odd Modal behavior - "Copy Options"  (Read 3230 times)

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
Odd Modal behavior - "Copy Options"
« on: March 07, 2010, 07:05:48 PM »
I just saw something unusual.  Pretty much a fat-finger on my part, but I shouldn't have been allowed to do this.

I selected a set of images on a contact sheet.  Dragged them over to another folder to get the "Move/Copy/Copy Options" dialog.  Selected "Copy Options...", selected the folder I wanted by clicking the radio button and selecting a folder.  Clicked "Copy" and while the copy progress window was displayed, I was able to click "Copy" again on the Copy Options dialog window. 

This resulted in two sets of copied images (one with "A" after filenamebase and the other with "B" after filenamebase).

Shouldn't the copy progress have been modal and prevented me from interacting with the underlying Copy Option dialog until the first copy was complete?

Windows version.  Running Windows XP SP3.

Thanks!

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Odd Modal behavior - "Copy Options"
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 08:42:29 PM »
Mike,

I just saw something unusual.  Pretty much a fat-finger on my part, but I shouldn't have been allowed to do this.

I selected a set of images on a contact sheet.  Dragged them over to another folder to get the "Move/Copy/Copy Options" dialog.  Selected "Copy Options...", selected the folder I wanted by clicking the radio button and selecting a folder.  Clicked "Copy" and while the copy progress window was displayed, I was able to click "Copy" again on the Copy Options dialog window. 

This resulted in two sets of copied images (one with "A" after filenamebase and the other with "B" after filenamebase).

Shouldn't the copy progress have been modal and prevented me from interacting with the underlying Copy Option dialog until the first copy was complete?

I suppose so.  I'll have to investigate this.

-Kirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 07:37:18 AM »
Mike,

I suppose so.  I'll have to investigate this.

-Kirk

I'm able to reproduce the problem.  I'll hide the copy options dialog until the copy completes (and then close it) or fails (and then display it again.)  Thanks for the heads-up.

-Kirk

Offline FairfieldPhoto

• View Profile
    • Fairfield Photography, LLC
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 09:09:28 AM »
Hi Kirk,
Just noticed that the modality problem exists on the "Save" function.  I can interact with the Save dialog box even when the progress bar is open and a Save is running.

I am running Windows 7 and PM v4.6.4

-Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 12:00:42 PM »
Mike,

Just noticed that the modality problem exists on the "Save" function.  I can interact with the Save dialog box even when the progress bar is open and a Save is running.

I am running Windows 7 and PM v4.6.4

Thanks.  I'll take a look at it.

-Kirk