Author Topic: How to uniquely name burst shots?  (Read 2731 times)

Offline janeenadamsmartin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
How to uniquely name burst shots?
« on: December 08, 2012, 07:09:24 PM »
I'm going pretty vanilla on file naming:

YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS

But I need to accomodate subseconds (or something) or else my burst shots will all have the same time stamp.

My panasonic FZ200 doesn't seem to keep chart of subseconds, and I read some earlier threads that "frame number" and "actuations" aren't persistent or read by all software?

{Seqn} keeps incrementing, but I would like the increment to only be within the same time stamp.  Subseconds would be perfect, but alas, my camera doesn't seem to have it.

Any ideas?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: How to uniquely name burst shots?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 09:58:19 PM »
I'm going pretty vanilla on file naming:

YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS

But I need to accomodate subseconds (or something) or else my burst shots will all have the same time stamp.

My panasonic FZ200 doesn't seem to keep chart of subseconds, and I read some earlier threads that "frame number" and "actuations" aren't persistent or read by all software?

{Seqn} keeps incrementing, but I would like the increment to only be within the same time stamp.  Subseconds would be perfect, but alas, my camera doesn't seem to have it.

Set PM to append digits when needed (01, 02, 03...) and do your renaming without the sequence.  There is no way to consider a set of images as having a single sequence number applied to them.

-Kirk