Author Topic: PS Alpha Channel Masks Prevent Display Of Thumbnails  (Read 1853 times)

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PS Alpha Channel Masks Prevent Display Of Thumbnails
« on: May 24, 2021, 07:02:44 AM »
If my layered Photoshop TIFFs contain a layer mask from an alpha channel, the thumb/preview won't display properly in PM+. If I disable the layer mask and resave the TIFF, thumbs/previews display just fine.

[UPDATE] Actually, it's not the layer mask causing the problem. It's the Alpha Channel.

...Bill

...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PS Alpha Channel Masks Prevent Display Of Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 05:14:01 PM »
Bill,

If my layered Photoshop TIFFs contain a layer mask from an alpha channel, the thumb/preview won't display properly in PM+. If I disable the layer mask and resave the TIFF, thumbs/previews display just fine.

[UPDATE] Actually, it's not the layer mask causing the problem. It's the Alpha Channel.

Known issue.  It will be addressed in the next build of Photo Mechanic 6 and Photo Mechanic Plus.

-Kirk

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: PS Alpha Channel Masks Prevent Display Of Thumbnails
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 07:55:47 PM »
That dog'll hunt. Thanks, Kirk.
...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.