Author Topic: IPTC data after "Save..." operation  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Jack Baty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
IPTC data after "Save..." operation
« on: September 06, 2023, 10:26:44 AM »
I'm trying to track down an issue when uploading images saved by PM to a WordPress site.

If I add a Caption and Headline to a JPG using PM, when I upload that JPG, the Headline and Caption fields are automatically added to the image metadata in WordPress.

However, if I use PM to "Save..." to a smaller file, even though the Headline and Captions still appear when viewing the file in PM, when I upload to WordPress the metadata is missing. It's strange, because I can see the information in PM in both cases, but something changes when "Save..."-ing that causes WordPress to lose it. I have the "Preserve Exif" option enabled. Even if I edit the fields using PM on the saved copy, it's lost when uploading. It's like once I save the file out of PM, the IPTC fields are "broken" somehow.

I've attached the Save dialog settings screenshot and an example of what a successful upload looks like in WordPress.

I'm using Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 6784 (409cf99) on the latest Sonoma beta.

(I understand that Sonoma isn't released or supported, but this didn't feel like something that would be caused by an OS beta. Let me know if I'm wrong).

Thanks

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: IPTC data after "Save..." operation
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 11:35:58 AM »
Can you send us a sample of the source file? Please ZIP the file first and upload it here, or email to support@camerabits.com

Offline Jack Baty

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: IPTC data after "Save..." operation
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 03:20:23 AM »
Hi, thanks for following up. I'm struggling to reproduce this consistently enough to be confident it's not something I'm doing on my end. I'll keep looking at it and will send examples if I can narrow it down.