Author Topic: search failure  (Read 3613 times)

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
Re: search failure
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2024, 09:22:46 AM »
Did you manage to reproduce this behaviour Kirk? I'm still getting the same results as in my earlier post.

Getting no results when I know the files are in the catalog is a nuisance but then I can find them by other means. The real problem is that when I do get results I can't be confident that I am seeing the complete set so I may be missing images that I would have selected but there's no way that I would know this.

David

Offline MNeipris

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024, 02:41:20 PM »
David, notice that any of your searches where 'city' is not at the end are the ones where it fails to find any images. This is because city is a built-in alias to search for any of the 3 columns that can contain data about the city.

Using any of the words in the "Field name or Alias" column of the "Searchable fields" page could potentially cause an issue. For example, entering "stop city police" (without quotes) is going to look in the city field for the world 'police'.

To get around this issue surround the word city in double quotes for the search queries you listed that return no results, for example, stop the "city" police protest.

Offline DavidHoffmanuk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2024, 01:46:43 AM »
Thanks MNeipris!

This use of a common keyword for a field name does look like the underlying cause. Thanks for spotting it. I now understand that this means that whenever a search includes a word that is also used for a searchable field it must be in double quotes.

I'll make a feature request for a note to that effect to be added to the searchable fields pop up page.

David