Author Topic: Lacie external drive won't open in Photomechanic Version 6.0, build 7102 (796dd4  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Leedsmot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,

I am trying to open my external hard drive but to no avail. My operating system is MacOS Sonoma 14.4.1. I have opened System Preferences/Security & Privacy/Privacy/Files and Folders/Photo Mechanic 6.app and and checked Removable Volums. All appears correct, yet the external hard drive will not open. Can you help me to resolve this issue?

Regards, Conor

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.

Offline Leedsmot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Yes, could the problem be that there are Time Machine backups on the external hard drive?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Its possible, yes. I tested this quite a while ago, so details are a bit fuzzy, but I seem to remember that if a drive that had been set up to be used with Time Machine by a newer version of MacOS (I think it was Ventura), Photo Mechanic couldn't access its subfolders in the Navigator, but then if I went back and set up Time Machine with an older OS, Photo Mechanic had no problem with it, even if I then connected that drive to a newer version of MacOS. If I can locate my previous findings, I'll post them here.

Offline Leedsmot

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
That would be terrific. Thanks