Author Topic: Save Photo and Rename with Image Dimensions in One Step?  (Read 987 times)

Offline rcurtis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save Photo and Rename with Image Dimensions in One Step?
« on: May 01, 2024, 03:19:25 PM »
Hi Kirk - When using "Save Photos as" I'm scaling the image "to fit box:" and trying to use the "Rename as:" function in the "Save as:" "Operations" block to put the new image dimensions in the file name using {filenamebase} {width}x{height}. Instead of the new dims, it puts the original file dims in there, though. Is there a way to get there without using two steps (letting save as finish, then reselecting the new files and renaming)?

Been using PM since V1.0 and can't live without it.
I am running Photo Mechanic Plus Version 6.0, build 7102 (796dd4a) on Mac OS Ventura OS 13.6.6

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save Photo and Rename with Image Dimensions in One Step?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2024, 03:47:14 PM »
Hi Kirk - When using "Save Photos as" I'm scaling the image "to fit box:" and trying to use the "Rename as:" function in the "Save as:" "Operations" block to put the new image dimensions in the file name using {filenamebase} {width}x{height}. Instead of the new dims, it puts the original file dims in there, though. Is there a way to get there without using two steps (letting save as finish, then reselecting the new files and renaming)?

No, because the source image is used for all variable evaluation, and the saved image doesn't exist yet.  It would be possible for us to create a {saved_width} and {saved_height} that could be used for this purpose.  Make a feature request: https://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?board=3.0

-Kirk

Offline rcurtis

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Save Photo and Rename with Image Dimensions in One Step?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2024, 05:43:22 PM »
Will do. Thanks!