Author Topic: Ingest issue with code replacement  (Read 2179 times)

Offline pjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest issue with code replacement
« on: May 30, 2024, 02:56:29 AM »
Hi

I'm having an issue importing images. I noticed the problem during "Live Ingest," but it also occurs with normal "Ingest" and "Ingest from Selection." I want to create a folder name using code replacement. Unfortunately, this is not working. During troubleshooting, I noticed that renaming the photos works, even though I used the same codes =jobnumber= and =title= in the same dialog. I'm using the latest version of Photo Mechanic 6.0, build 7102 (796dd4a). What could be the problem?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest issue with code replacement
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024, 07:36:21 AM »
Hi

I'm having an issue importing images. I noticed the problem during "Live Ingest," but it also occurs with normal "Ingest" and "Ingest from Selection." I want to create a folder name using code replacement. Unfortunately, this is not working. During troubleshooting, I noticed that renaming the photos works, even though I used the same codes =jobnumber= and =title= in the same dialog. I'm using the latest version of Photo Mechanic 6.0, build 7102 (796dd4a). What could be the problem?

Replace =jobnumber= with ={jobnumber}=
Replace =title= with ={title}=

Variables have curly braces around them.  Without the curly braces, they're just text.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline pjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2024, 08:16:39 AM »
Hi Kirk, thanks for your support. However, that doesn't really help. I am aware of the difference between variables and code replacement. My mistake was using code in the example above that is also known from variables. That is indeed confusing, but it doesn't change the fact that there seems to be a bug in the ingest dialog.

I tried it again with new code. Code replacement works when renaming photos, but not when creating a folder, even though the same code replacement is used in the ingest dialog.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2024, 10:07:02 AM »
Hello pjs,

I just tried using code replacement in the folder and filename fields on ingest and it worked for me. Are you able to share your code replacement file?

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline pjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2024, 10:19:33 AM »
Hi Mick, thanks for your feedback. Normally, I use variables in the ingest dialog for Folder Name and never had any issues. However, for a specific job, I only need code replacement, and it doesn't work.

=codereplacement1= =codereplacement2= does not work.

However, if I append any variable, it suddenly works.
=codereplacement1= =codereplacement2= {city}

You can find my test CR file attached below. Using only code replacement creates a faulty folder. If I add any variable, it works, but this is not desired for the upcoming job…

Please create a folder name without using variables, only through code replacement. What happens then?

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2024, 12:19:21 PM »
Hello pjs,

I think I see what you mean.   It is not likely to change for your upcoming job, but I will file the bug. Is using an empty variable a possible workaround for the time being?

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline pjs

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2024, 12:35:26 PM »
Hello pjs,

I think I see what you mean.   It is not likely to change for your upcoming job, but I will file the bug. Is using an empty variable a possible workaround for the time being?

Mick
Thanks for the response, Mick. No problem, I will find a workaround. Thanks for the support.