Author Topic: .NEFX files  (Read 12 times)

Offline nrj

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
.NEFX files
« on: Today at 12:36:25 PM »
When Nikon Studio processes pixel shift images it creates a .NEFX file.  They are quite large, being almost the sum of the files being merged, so using 4 files generates a final one that is about 200Mb. Can this file type be added to Photo Mechanic so that it is recognized and read.  At the moment they are just ignored when the folder is opened.  On searching the forum I could not find any other reference to NEFX.  Thank you.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: .NEFX files
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:00:04 PM »
When Nikon Studio processes pixel shift images it creates a .NEFX file.  They are quite large, being almost the sum of the files being merged, so using 4 files generates a final one that is about 200Mb. Can this file type be added to Photo Mechanic so that it is recognized and read.  At the moment they are just ignored when the folder is opened.  On searching the forum I could not find any other reference to NEFX.  Thank you.

When you say 'recognized and read', do you mean that you want Photo Mechanic to try to show images within the NEFX file?

If so, we'd need a sample NEFX file to investigate.  I don't think NEFX is an open and documented file format.

-Kirk