Author Topic: Upgrade license  (Read 994 times)

Offline fourdogslong

• View Profile
Upgrade license
« on: July 13, 2024, 06:33:01 PM »
I just saw the new subscription thing...

Is there no way to upgrade PM Plus 6 to the current version? Mine, keeps crashing on my system, I was hoping a new update would be available so I went online and saw that there is a new version but it is now subscription based and seems like my license is now stuck in time.
Is there no way at all to pay an upgrade fee and get the latest version??

Offline vale

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrade license
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2024, 08:09:59 AM »
you are one of many (yeah CB team, do you have a 'number' of how many old license holders aren't even aware that there is a new licensing going on?) that are somehow left in the middle. There were some emails that announced the switch, some received a way to upgrade for a new license with some months free, an announcement on the website in November with the changes from march. Is still a mystery to me, how they expect NEW people join the new very expensive subscription, when they don't care for past/current users.
After so many months, in management meetings, why there isn't a question about "old license holders don't switch". Maybe they don't know, maybe they find it a bit pricey, still, why? This can be an example of poor people management, those people who are supposed to cash in every year now.....

Offline fourdogslong

• View Profile
Re: Upgrade license
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2024, 12:58:37 PM »
you are one of many (yeah CB team, do you have a 'number' of how many old license holders aren't even aware that there is a new licensing going on?) that are somehow left in the middle. There were some emails that announced the switch, some received a way to upgrade for a new license with some months free, an announcement on the website in November with the changes from march. Is still a mystery to me, how they expect NEW people join the new very expensive subscription, when they don't care for past/current users.
After so many months, in management meetings, why there isn't a question about "old license holders don't switch". Maybe they don't know, maybe they find it a bit pricey, still, why? This can be an example of poor people management, those people who are supposed to cash in every year now.....

Wow, well I certainly did not receive any email, I think I never got an email from Camera Bits except for when I purchased my licence back in 2021.
I sure hope they realize this is crazy and offer an upgrade path to their "old" customers.