Author Topic: Navigator pane and contact sheet pane disconnected - what did I do?  (Read 1208 times)

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I know I clicked somewhere on my screen, but don't know what I did or how to correct it.  The panes are now disconnected and can be moved and sized separately.

I use a laptop and a second screen.  I use the 2nd screen for previews, but all else on the laptop.

Running Windows 10.

For some reason, I can't paste a screen shot into this post, so I've attached a pdf of the situation.

Thanks.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Navigator pane and contact sheet pane disconnected - what did I do?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2024, 11:57:03 AM »
Then panels in the Windows version of Photo Mechanic are dockable. Drag the Navigator over the window you would like it to be docked to. Up, Down, left, and right arrows will appear over that window. Drag the window you'd like to dock onto the directional button of the panel you'd like to dock it to. The window will then be docked and will no longer be floating separately.

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 06:30:27 AM »
Thanks!  For some reason, the arrows didn't show up until I had both of them on my external screen.  Once I got my cursor over the arrow it just snapped into place.  Perfect!

Just curious, how did I un-dock them in the first place.

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2024, 11:21:47 AM »
I'm guessing you accidentally dragged it out of place at some point. Hard to say. If it gets undocked regularly and you are sure its not because of user input please let us know so we can troubleshoot further.

Offline rbaskin

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2024, 11:36:00 AM »
OK.  I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks again for such a quick response to all this.