Author Topic: Rating multiple photos concurrently  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Humphrey T.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rating multiple photos concurrently
« on: July 29, 2024, 12:30:27 PM »

I havent found this topic on youtube or in the discussions. Apologies if it as already answered.

I highlight say 25 photos on a contact sheet and i want to rate them with a number (the same number).

Is the only way to do this quickly is the put in preferences to automatically advance after rating of 1 photo is changed, in other words, i have to go through each photo and enter the same number.

My workflow involves just looking at thumbnails and highlighting a bunch of them and wanting to rate that highlighted ones all at once with a number before exporting to lightroom and editing those further (having already given then the same rating in PM)

Thanks!

Humphrey

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rating multiple photos concurrently
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2024, 03:15:29 PM »
Humphrey,

I havent found this topic on youtube or in the discussions. Apologies if it as already answered.

I highlight say 25 photos on a contact sheet and i want to rate them with a number (the same number).

Is the only way to do this quickly is the put in preferences to automatically advance after rating of 1 photo is changed, in other words, i have to go through each photo and enter the same number.

My workflow involves just looking at thumbnails and highlighting a bunch of them and wanting to rate that highlighted ones all at once with a number before exporting to lightroom and editing those further (having already given then the same rating in PM)

With a selection of photos: Image->Set Rating of Photos->(choose the rating from the submenu)

After a moment or two (depending on the type of images and how many there are), all of the images will get the same rating.

https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001252563-star-ratings

HTH,

-Kirk