Author Topic: Metadata Review - Go to next Tagged photo (or some other criteria)  (Read 2623 times)

Offline natekphotog

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
When reviewing metadata, I'd like to be able to skip untagged photos and go to my next tagged photo (or green photo, 5-star photo, or some other criteria).

This would be helpful for me when I have tagged a keeper but don't have the information in that frame to make my caption (covered jersey numbers, in my case). Once I'm at my tagged photo, I could then go back and forth around neighboring images to find my metadata and update my caption. Once I've made my update, then I could jump to my next tagged photo and repeat the process.

(Of course, this might be possible some other way, so let me know if I'm missing it!)

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Metadata Review - Go to next Tagged photo (or some other criteria)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2024, 03:32:33 PM »
There's a filter to only show tagged images ('View' menu -> Tagged). Since Ihe info window goes to the next image on the Contact Sheet, this would sort of get you there, as you'd then be only advancing through tagged images. Unfortunately there is not currently a way to just jump to the next tagged image, but this could be a useful future improvement to the Contact Sheet/Info window.

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
    • The McElroys of Point Alexander
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2024, 03:51:33 PM »
But you don't even have to filter.  Just select your tagged images and happily skip amongst them.  Or am I missing something?

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2024, 03:58:46 PM »
But you don't even have to filter.  Just select your tagged images and happily skip amongst them.  Or am I missing something?
That is correct, I forgot that having the items selected would make the Info window only jump between selected items. Unfortunately neither of these solutions really address what natekphotog actually wants, which is to advance to the next tagged image and then go back and forth to the surrounding untagged images, which in neither of our suggestions is possible without leaving the info window. We'd need to implement a dedicated shortcut or button to get to the next tagged image.

Offline natekphotog

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2024, 11:40:13 PM »
I've been filtering on the contact sheet, but once you're into the Info screen, I don't think you can adjust filtering. I go through my filtered shots in the Info screen (add caption, CTRL+N, add caption, CTRL+N, etc...). But when I run up against a player who I don't know, I either go back to the contact sheet and reopen the filters to ID them from another frame. It would be nice to be able to skip ahead to the next tagged image in the info screen and then shuffle back and forth if I need info from an adjacent frame (without having to leave the info screen).