Author Topic: Extra number added to filename during ingest  (Read 3620 times)

Offline ScottD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Extra number added to filename during ingest
« on: September 02, 2024, 01:38:17 AM »
Folks, I'm running PM pro Version 6.0, build 7212 (90865b3). When I ingest and rename I'm getting an extra 2 digits (always 01) added to the new filename. I don't have the sequence number in the new filename so I can't figure out where those numbers are coming from. I've attached a screenshot of the ingest screen - hope that helps.

Offline Bob Russell

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Extra number added to filename during ingest
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 05:28:13 PM »
Hi Scott,

There are a couple of things that could cause 01 to be appended to the filenames. The first place to check is Photo Mechanic's Files preferences. The Renaming method menu has an option to always append 01, 02, 03 etc. See the attached screen shot for this option. Just select the top option to Append a letter when needed (A, B, C).

The other possible cause of the 01 getting appended to the filenames would be if there was a second line in the Rename field with 01 in it. Just click in the Rename field, select all with Command-a and then hit the Delete key. Now type in the variables. Most people that report this issue have copied and pasted text in the field, which included a carriage return at the end of the line and possibly 01 on the next line.

Best regards,

--Bob

Offline ScottD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Extra number added to filename during ingest
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2024, 05:41:29 PM »
Thanks Bob - found it. The 'file' setting on my second Mac was set to 'always'. That will teach me to set things on on one system and forget the second!