Author Topic: Rules/restrictions for uploading  (Read 5361 times)

Offline ulrik

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rules/restrictions for uploading
« on: August 30, 2024, 12:57:00 AM »
Hi,

A very specific request due to my situation.

I have several clients and Im always affraid to send wrong files.

So if there is a way to, for example, lock upload a certain FTP to only 2 starred photos, that would be great!

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Rules/restrictions for uploading
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2024, 06:58:01 AM »
Ulrik,

Why not just use the Ratings filter in the toolbar to filter out the images you don't ever want uploaded?  They'll disappear from the contact sheet and it will be impossible to select them and send them.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline ulrik

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2024, 10:40:56 AM »
Hi,

Thanks.

Because i have to send 0 star to one client and 1 start to another one. I do that but it would be nice to ensure it cant happen as it can be very costly. We can loose our jobs on it and it goes very fast in a half time of a game etc....

Another specific request for me, is to be able to connect who to upload to and the IPTC Template as it takes times to ensure the right template is used. But thats another one for me specifically and is connected to the above regarding making bad errors...

Thanks.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2024, 09:11:49 AM »
Unfortunately, if you make the mistake in using the Star Ratings filter, it would be just as easy to make the same mistake when uploading.  The method Kirk describes means you could never send 0-star files when 1-star files are viewed. The only way you could make a mistake here is if a file was mistakenly tagged with the wrong number of stars... but then no upload filter would catch that mistake either.  It would seem to me that adding the necessity to check boxes on and off in the upload dialog would just add more clicks that you have to make when under pressure and another opportunity to make that crucial mistake. No?

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Robert Edwards Media

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Robert Edwards Media
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2024, 11:44:22 AM »
Hi Ulrik, if it were me, I'd physically separate one-star and two-star images right before I transmit them:

1) Ingest, rate & caption all of your selects in "folder #1".
2) Using contact sheet filters, isolate the images that have a two-star rating. 
3) CTRL-A (select those filtered images), CTRL-Y (copy) them to "folder #2".  Make sure "Move photos (delete originals)" box is checked.

** At this point, your one-star selects are in folder #1, and your two-star selects are in folder #2. **

4) Reset folder #1 contact sheet filters to show the one-star images.
5) Upload the one-star images from folder #1.
6) Switch to your folder #2 contact sheet, and upload the two-star images from there.

This assumes that no images ever need to go to both clients.