Author Topic: Release Candidate Bug: No Drag & Drop  (Read 79 times)

Offline ddegner

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • Boston Photographer
Release Candidate Bug: No Drag & Drop
« on: October 04, 2024, 08:29:21 AM »
When I open the Disk Image to install the release candidate I click agree on the agreement screen, then the disk image appears.

I can't Drag & Drop the Photo Mechanic Icon into the applications folder.  Drag & Drop simply doesn't appear to work with any of the items in that frame.  But I was able to install it by right clicking, and copy pasting it into the applications folder.
Just another Photographer in Boston doing the photojournalism and commercial photography thing.  Photo Mechanic user since 2007.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Release Candidate Bug: No Drag & Drop
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2024, 09:11:28 AM »
When I open the Disk Image to install the release candidate I click agree on the agreement screen, then the disk image appears.

I can't Drag & Drop the Photo Mechanic Icon into the applications folder.  Drag & Drop simply doesn't appear to work with any of the items in that frame.  But I was able to install it by right clicking, and copy pasting it into the applications folder.

That's strange.  PM isn't involved in the drag and drop process at that level.  The Finder is doing the drag and drop.  I build the disk images the same way every time (with a script).

Thanks for the info, we'll keep an eye on it.

-Kirk