Author Topic: PM star ratings ==> NX2 problem  (Read 3099 times)

Offline PGuyton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM star ratings ==> NX2 problem
« on: July 13, 2008, 01:34:42 PM »
Sorry in advance if this question has been answered already.

I ingest NEF images into PM where I apply star ratings.  Then I will edit select images in Nikon Capture NX2 and use NX2 batch processing where appropriate.   NX2's browser is not recognizing my star ratings. Is there something I can do so that NX2's browser recognizes my ratings as set in PM?

PM v 4.5.3.1
Machine: OS X 10.5.4, 6gb RAM

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM star ratings ==> NX2 problem
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 02:38:08 PM »
Sorry in advance if this question has been answered already.

I ingest NEF images into PM where I apply star ratings.  Then I will edit select images in Nikon Capture NX2 and use NX2 batch processing where appropriate.   NX2's browser is not recognizing my star ratings. Is there something I can do so that NX2's browser recognizes my ratings as set in PM?

You need to use PM 4.5.3.2 which is currently in beta.  You can get the beta in the Announcements section of the forums.  You will also need to tell PM to embed IPTC4XMP into your NEF files and abandon the use of XMP sidecar files.  The built-in help that comes with the 4.5.3.2 version has a 'Preferences' section that covers what needs to be done to maximize compatibility with Nikon Capture NX2.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline PGuyton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 03:42:20 PM »
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

Offline PGuyton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 04:56:45 PM »
OK, using Beta 5 and it appears to be working perfectly.  The help had a section for NX2 as you said.    Note: The star ratings seem to work for ViewNX as well. 

Thanks for the very fast response on a Sunday!

Regards,
Peter G.