Author Topic: Downloading PM to second computer  (Read 3244 times)

Offline Jerry LoSardo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Downloading PM to second computer
« on: February 23, 2009, 01:26:39 AM »
Greetings,
I'm a registered paying user of PM since June 2008.  PM currently exists on my desktop.  I just bought a new laptop and wish to download PM to that computer.  I know that I'm entitled to use PM on both computers, so my question is, how do I get it on my laptop?  Should I download the "trial version" and then enter my key code to activate?
Thanks,
Jerry

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Downloading PM to second computer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 05:43:04 AM »
Jerry,

I'm a registered paying user of PM since June 2008.  PM currently exists on my desktop.  I just bought a new laptop and wish to download PM to that computer.  I know that I'm entitled to use PM on both computers, so my question is, how do I get it on my laptop?  Should I download the "trial version" and then enter my key code to activate?

There is no such thing as a Trial Version of Photo Mechanic.  There are Trial Passwords but you already have a fully licensed Password so you'll use that.  Just download the current version from our website and enter the same registration information you entered into your desktop system.  It will work fine.

-Kirk

Offline camerauk

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 09:47:43 AM »
Hi Kirk
I need to do this on a computer with no internet any idea how i do this please

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 09:56:15 AM »
I need to do this on a computer with no internet any idea how i do this please

You can use a CF card to copy the installer onto it and then take it to the computer with no Internet access and copy the installer from the card to that computer.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Odd Skjaeveland

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 04:52:19 AM »
I know that I'm entitled to use PM on both computers, so my question is, how do I get it on my laptop?

Thanks for pointing this out. PM is new territory for me and I am a bit confused at the moment. The End User License Agreement (found via the "About" link on the home page of this site) states:

"This software is licensed per computer. You must purchase a license to use the software beyond the demo period for each computer that executes the software."

However, the User Manual (the "Registering Photo Mechanic" section in the 4.5.3 manual available for download) states:

"Please note that the license allows use of Photo Mechanic on a desktop and a laptop as long as they are used by the same person.  You can install the software on your laptop and the same Name and Password will register it."

--
Odd

--
Odd S.