Author Topic: Flicker Upload  (Read 3278 times)

Offline mburke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Flicker Upload
« on: January 30, 2011, 03:39:09 AM »
Hi,

I took Jason O'Dells seminar yesterday re: a Nef workflow with PM. One of the things he showed us was how to upload to our Flicker acct. I tried this and the following happened.

Selected picture, clicked on upload, clicked on Flicker
It them logged in to Flicker and I had to approve PM
Then came back to PM and a box set Flicker had to send the Photoset. This did not happen and I can't find anywhere to identify the Photoset. Is this done in Flicker or PM? I have only 1 Photoset at Flicker. This looks like a great feature and I would like to use it to upload watermarked photos but I'm kind of lost in what to do.

Windows 7, I7, PM 4.6.6 demo

Thanks,

Mike
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 03:40:48 AM by mburke »

Offline mburke

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Flicker Upload
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 08:59:02 AM »
Apparently patience is not one of my stronger suits. When I checked back in later this am the settings were correct and the upload went smoothly. I suspect i have to adjust the file size somewhat as 1 file took quite a long time to download.

Mike

Offline RogueMD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 09:19:57 PM »
I am also Newbie having taken Jason's course last weekend. This weekend I am working on a BIG "shoot". I have all kinds of problems with the FLICKR uploader.

Hello, I am a newbie. Running 4.6.6 on Vista 32bit SP2, HP workstation, Pentium Duo, Ram +++ HD +++  Cache 3 GB Ram.

It make me "sign up" twice, now every few uploads it just hangs. It doesn't download the Sets info and generates an error like "unable to convert string to nul". I have worked around by simply Saving as JPEG's then uploading manually, when I go back after that, it works. I am wondering if there is some bug in the Flickr upload accounts... IT's quite random and I don't know why or how it corrects itself. One time, I got a WordPress error from Flickr, something about domain not trusted?

Help 2?

Dennis.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 09:29:18 PM »
Dennis,

I am also Newbie having taken Jason's course last weekend. This weekend I am working on a BIG "shoot". I have all kinds of problems with the FLICKR uploader.

Hello, I am a newbie. Running 4.6.6 on Vista 32bit SP2, HP workstation, Pentium Duo, Ram +++ HD +++  Cache 3 GB Ram.

It make me "sign up" twice, now every few uploads it just hangs. It doesn't download the Sets info and generates an error like "unable to convert string to nul". I have worked around by simply Saving as JPEG's then uploading manually, when I go back after that, it works. I am wondering if there is some bug in the Flickr upload accounts... IT's quite random and I don't know why or how it corrects itself. One time, I got a WordPress error from Flickr, something about domain not trusted?

For this one I'm going to refer you to our telephone support folks at 503-547-2888 and they should be able to help you out.

-Kirk

Offline RogueMD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 09:30:07 PM »
excellent, I will call, and just got some screen captures to post.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:31:59 PM by RogueMD »

Offline RogueMD

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 05:00:24 PM »
So, in follow up to this, I was on the phone with Dave and the only thing we can conclude is that these errors were generated at the Flickr end during either an upgrade process or the fact it was SuperBowl and the upload connections were messed up. In fairness, it has not repeated all week long. Thanks.