Author Topic: Reverting to default uploader folders in settings  (Read 2708 times)

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
Reverting to default uploader folders in settings
« on: January 06, 2013, 12:23:17 PM »
In the Files tab of the settings dialog I added a user folder containing a tweaked version of a standard uploader.  Now that the tweaked version has become the official version, I would like to delete my additional uploader folder from settings, but I can't see a way of doing that.  I can point the settings to the default uploader folder, or perhaps another empty folder, but really I'd like to just make it blank like the others... don't like having superfluous settings... never know when it will come back to bite later.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Reverting to default uploader folders in settings
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »
Mike,

In the Files tab of the settings dialog I added a user folder containing a tweaked version of a standard uploader.  Now that the tweaked version has become the official version, I would like to delete my additional uploader folder from settings, but I can't see a way of doing that.  I can point the settings to the default uploader folder, or perhaps another empty folder, but really I'd like to just make it blank like the others... don't like having superfluous settings... never know when it will come back to bite later.

I don't think there is a way to make it clear again.

-Kirk

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 12:28:51 PM »
Hi Kirk

Thanks for the quick (very quick) reply.

What would you suggest? 

Pointing to an empty folder?

Or pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Camera Bits\Photo Mechanic 5\builtin_templates ?

Neither seems particularly elegant.

Thanks,

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 02:48:07 PM »
Mike,

Thanks for the quick (very quick) reply.

What would you suggest? 

Pointing to an empty folder?

Or pointing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Camera Bits\Photo Mechanic 5\builtin_templates ?

Neither seems particularly elegant.

Neither.  Keep it pointed to your custom templates folder and remove your duplicate customized template since it is no longer needed.  Later if you want to add another custom template you'll only need to copy it there.

-Kirk

Offline drmrbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 02:46:34 PM »
Kirk

Thanks.  As it happens, the uploader template in question (PhotoDeck) seemed to break recently (it was something at their end).  After contacting PhotoDeck, they have sent me a new version (1.4) which I have put into my custom templates folder... so there is still a need for it after all.  You may wish to contact the folks at PhotoDeck for the latest version so that you can include it in the next release of PM.

Mike

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 03:30:15 PM »
Mike,

Thanks.  As it happens, the uploader template in question (PhotoDeck) seemed to break recently (it was something at their end).  After contacting PhotoDeck, they have sent me a new version (1.4) which I have put into my custom templates folder... so there is still a need for it after all.  You may wish to contact the folks at PhotoDeck for the latest version so that you can include it in the next release of PM.

Thanks.  I just fired off an email to them.

-Kirk