Author Topic: Check for Updates says 'No"!  (Read 3647 times)

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
Check for Updates says 'No"!
« on: November 06, 2013, 05:22:40 AM »
Every now and then Photo Mechanic, on launch, asks if I want to check for updates. So I said "yes".  I'm running version 5, build 15002. The check webpage says I'm out of luck, my licence is out of date so I can't have build 15011. It also says version 4.1.2 is the latest I can use without buying an update.

Which is confusing.

I thought I could get build updates, but I know that if version 5.1 or 6 came out tomorrow I'd need to renew my licence. I think I have a licence valid for 5.0 (any build), the checker says 4.1.2.

Who's right?!

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Check for Updates says 'No"!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 05:46:04 AM »
David,

Every now and then Photo Mechanic, on launch, asks if I want to check for updates. So I said "yes".  I'm running version 5, build 15002. The check webpage says I'm out of luck, my licence is out of date so I can't have build 15011. It also says version 4.1.2 is the latest I can use without buying an update.

Which is confusing.

I thought I could get build updates, but I know that if version 5.1 or 6 came out tomorrow I'd need to renew my licence. I think I have a licence valid for 5.0 (any build), the checker says 4.1.2.

Who's right?!

It's your copy of Photo Mechanic that is sending the wrong data to the server.  The next build of Photo Mechanic will solve this problem.  And you'll certainly be entitled to use it.

-Kirk

Offline davidgordon

• View Profile
    • davidgordon.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 05:59:14 AM »
Many thanks Kirk.

Can I download and use build 15011? I assume you mean the next, as yet unreleased, version will fix this for me.

Online Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 09:18:41 AM »
David,

Many thanks Kirk.

Can I download and use build 15011? I assume you mean the next, as yet unreleased, version will fix this for me.

Yes, you can, and yes, it will be the next build that will solve this problem.

-Kirk