Author Topic: Caption for serveral photos  (Read 1635 times)

Offline D Smeets

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Caption for serveral photos
« on: June 02, 2014, 11:37:38 AM »
Hi you all,

I'm a newby here with you.. at the moment i have the trial version of PM and i'm really enjoying it.
I ingested about 800 pics from my memorycard to my Macbook.
It are pictures from a rallycrossevent. I want to give the pictures captions... i know how to do it with 1 picture, but what if i scrolled to my files and for instance i selected all pictures from Petter Solberg. Is it possible to give all that selected pictures the same caption with 1 action? that would save a lot of time.

Thanks for replying!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Caption for serveral photos
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 11:47:45 AM »
Yes.  You use the IPTC Stationery Pad (it's like the IPTC Info window you've already been using but it is for adding metadata to a selection of items.)

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#IPTC_Stationery_Pad

Select your Photos, bring up the IPTC Stationery Pad from the Image menu.  Enter your common fields (they will have their 'Apply checkboxes' set for you when you enter new text) and un-check any fields you don't want applied.  Then click the Apply Stationery to Selected button.  Moments later your selected images will have that same metadata.

HTH,

-Kirk
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:02:26 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline D Smeets

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Caption for serveral photos
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 12:00:12 PM »
Thanks Kirk!! That was exactly what i'm looking for!!
Thanks for the quick reply.