Author Topic: Headline IPTC field blanked on export to Lightroom  (Read 3116 times)

Offline RIMP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Headline IPTC field blanked on export to Lightroom
« on: October 30, 2015, 11:41:05 AM »
Hi,

After completing my stationary pad in Photomechanic, I think export that photo to Lightroom.
However Lightroom's equivalent field to the Photomechanic 'Headline' field, which is the Lightroom 'Title' field, is left blank.

The two screengrabs attached illustrate this.

How do I fix this so that the text in the Photomechanic 'Headline field', is copied into the Lightroom 'Title' field.

This is a problem for me, as if I export/ftp from Lightroom to my Photoshelter site for instance, that field is empty.
What is strange though is that if I export that image from Lightroom back into Photomechanic, the text in that field is restored.

I would be grateful for any guidance.  Screengrabs are attached.

Regards,

Richard

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Headline IPTC field blanked on export to Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 06:00:14 PM »
Richard,

After completing my stationary pad in Photomechanic, I think export that photo to Lightroom.
However Lightroom's equivalent field to the Photomechanic 'Headline' field, which is the Lightroom 'Title' field, is left blank.

The two screengrabs attached illustrate this.

How do I fix this so that the text in the Photomechanic 'Headline field', is copied into the Lightroom 'Title' field.

This is a problem for me, as if I export/ftp from Lightroom to my Photoshelter site for instance, that field is empty.
What is strange though is that if I export that image from Lightroom back into Photomechanic, the text in that field is restored.

I would be grateful for any guidance.  Screengrabs are attached.

Please provide a sample image that has the Headline set in it that doesn't import correctly into Lightroom.  I need to see the metadata in the image.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline RIMP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 06:11:13 AM »
Thanks Kirk, I have sent the image via the support message form on the Camerabits website.

Regards,

Richard

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 09:41:53 AM »
Richard,

Thanks Kirk, I have sent the image via the support message form on the Camerabits website.

If you could post it here, I'd get it a lot sooner.  Otherwise I won't get the image until Monday.

-Kirk

Offline RIMP

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 09:42:56 AM »
It can wait til Monday Kirk,

Thanks

Richard