Author Topic: Ingest Lag/Beachballing & Colour class  (Read 2153 times)

Offline reefer

• View Profile
Ingest Lag/Beachballing & Colour class
« on: November 19, 2015, 08:38:49 AM »
Hi,

I'm getting a spinning beachball when I ingest a card, as the card finishes the ingest lags/hangs, the ball spins and then it finally allows me to resume what I was doing. 

I use Lexar CF cards and a Lexar reader. Used to be fine, still works but it's a little irritating when I need to work in a hurry and have to wait for PM to catch up.

I also have problem changing the colour class from the IPTC window (see image) I used to be able to click the area within the area circled in red and then select a colour. I can still change star ratings from here.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:46:41 AM by reefer »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest Lag/Beachballing & Colour class
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 02:03:25 PM »
Hi,

I'm getting a spinning beachball when I ingest a card, as the card finishes the ingest lags/hangs, the ball spins and then it finally allows me to resume what I was doing. 

I use Lexar CF cards and a Lexar reader. Used to be fine, still works but it's a little irritating when I need to work in a hurry and have to wait for PM to catch up.

I also have problem changing the colour class from the IPTC window (see image) I used to be able to click the area within the area circled in red and then select a colour. I can still change star ratings from here.

Are you working with RAW images?  Are you setting PM to render RAW files instead of using JPEG previews?

-Kirk

Offline reefer

• View Profile
Re: Ingest Lag/Beachballing & Colour class
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 02:08:40 PM »
No, jpg's only. My prefs are set thus -