Author Topic: search not displaying all photos properly  (Read 2514 times)

Offline JS

• View Profile
search not displaying all photos properly
« on: February 28, 2016, 10:15:13 AM »
Hi,
Macos 10.9.5; Pm5, newest build; I did a search restricted to one hard disk in my macPro. But the result saying 656 photos raw and jpg, but doesn't display all photos, maybe half only. I already emptied the cache. Cache i have set to 1024MB as recommended. I run 24 GB Ram. Filenames are in red, i can call up the caption-panel, displaying the photo even, but the photo itself won't be possible. I attach a screenshot.

regards
John

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: search not displaying all photos properly
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 11:02:14 AM »
The red names either indicate a problem reading the file or simply that PM hasn't yet fully processed them. If you wait a while, does that solve anything? Do more images show up? Also, if you look up one of those problematic files in Finder, does it load in e.g. Preview correctly?

Also try setting the cache to less than 1024; as Kirk has said before, more isn't always better...
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 12:44:47 PM »
John,

Macos 10.9.5; Pm5, newest build; I did a search restricted to one hard disk in my macPro. But the result saying 656 photos raw and jpg, but doesn't display all photos, maybe half only. I already emptied the cache. Cache i have set to 1024MB as recommended. I run 24 GB Ram. Filenames are in red, i can call up the caption-panel, displaying the photo even, but the photo itself won't be possible. I attach a screenshot.

Set your Memory cache to 512 MB.

Also, if you browse the folder containing some of the images that don't load, do they then load?

Please send me your log file.  On the Help menu choose "Reveal Support Data..." and attach the zipped PM log file to your reply.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 02:29:48 PM »
Hi Hayo, hi Kirk,

the photos show up very well in "Vorschau" or the finder. But "Browse with PM " doesn'T. after setting memory cache to 512 Mb it seems even worse. I tried totally different folders, far from "moskau", they also don't show up. just the filenames. Even after waiting for some time. I attach the wanted file log.

-John

Offline JS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 02:52:57 PM »
I closed PM and opened it again. Now everything works fine. ??

-John