Author Topic: Save a collection of Contact Sheets?  (Read 4644 times)

Offline Jarred

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Save a collection of Contact Sheets?
« on: June 05, 2014, 10:19:40 AM »
Hi.  I am in the process of updating my portfolios.  Right now I am opening all of my rendered jpegs in PM.  They are all in different folders by client, and each client gets their own LR catalog, so this is probably the best way for me to quickly look through an entire year's worth of work.

I am going to end up opening something like 30-40 Contact Sheets at a time, is there any way to save a collection of Contact Sheets or some sort of macro sheet that will open up all of these specific folders in one click?  I am just afraid that I am going to quit the app by accident then have to open up everything again.

Thanks for any input!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Save a collection of Contact Sheets?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 12:47:28 PM »
Hi.  I am in the process of updating my portfolios.  Right now I am opening all of my rendered jpegs in PM.  They are all in different folders by client, and each client gets their own LR catalog, so this is probably the best way for me to quickly look through an entire year's worth of work.

I am going to end up opening something like 30-40 Contact Sheets at a time, is there any way to save a collection of Contact Sheets or some sort of macro sheet that will open up all of these specific folders in one click?  I am just afraid that I am going to quit the app by accident then have to open up everything again.

Yes.  Open each folder into a single tab (use the Navigator or Favorites contextual menus (Open in existing contact sheet)) and then once you have all that you want, use the "Remember Folders..." command on the File menu.  Give it a name and you'll now have a multi-folder Favorite that you can open later.

-Kirk

Offline Jarred

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 06:04:14 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 03:50:35 AM »
Hi Kirk, Just came across this and tried using remember folders but did not work, it was grayed out, what am I doing wrong?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 09:38:48 AM »
Frank,

Hi Kirk, Just came across this and tried using remember folders but did not work, it was grayed out, what am I doing wrong?

You have to open each folder into a single contact sheet.  Then you can Remember Folders on that tab.

A set of tabs cannot be remembered/restored at this time.

-Kirk