Author Topic: Automatically set GPS coordinates to images between two geotagged images ?  (Read 1540 times)

Offline La Jobe

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi,
I shoot with both 1D-X and 1D-Xmk2. mk2 has a convenient built in GPS tagging feature that saves a lot of time.
Is there an easy way to set an average gps position to ungeotagged images (shot with 1D-X) between or close to other geotagged images (shot with 1D-Xmk2) ?
I know there is a logger feature with the mk2, but it needs manual operations, export to card etc. I don't need a very precise GPS position for my ungeotagged shots, but I'd like them all to be averagely geotagged with a single click.

Thanks for your help

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Automatically set GPS coordinates to images between two geotagged images ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 09:21:12 AM »
I shoot with both 1D-X and 1D-Xmk2. mk2 has a convenient built in GPS tagging feature that saves a lot of time.
Is there an easy way to set an average gps position to ungeotagged images (shot with 1D-X) between or close to other geotagged images (shot with 1D-Xmk2) ?
I know there is a logger feature with the mk2, but it needs manual operations, export to card etc. I don't need a very precise GPS position for my ungeotagged shots, but I'd like them all to be averagely geotagged with a single click.

No, PM does not offer a feature as you describe.  I'm not sure what other software does this either.  Maybe another forum member will know and provide some insight.

-Kirk