Author Topic: Should I hold off on MacOS Sierra?  (Read 3904 times)

Offline tommygrealy

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
Should I hold off on MacOS Sierra?
« on: October 17, 2016, 02:55:10 AM »
Just wondering if there are any known issues at this point in time. i.e. from the user community or issues that Camerabits dev team are aware of.
Thanks
-Tommy

Offline tommygrealy

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Should I hold off on MacOS Sierra?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 07:27:19 AM »
My question is pretty much answered in this post:
http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=10588.0

I had done a search on the forum for "Sierra" but this wasn't picked up. Maybe a typo on my part, sorry.

Offline Luiz Muzzi

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 704
    • View Profile
    • Luiz Muzzi Photography
Re: Should I hold off on MacOS Sierra?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 03:24:48 AM »
Hi,
IMHO, one should always hold off a little bit when we are dealing with different softwares compatibility, It is specially important when it involves a major OS update. If PM is important for your workflow (as it is to mine), I would recomend postponing the update a little bit.
Just my two cents.
Regards,

-Luiz Muzzi

Offline Pavel

  • Member
  • **
  • Posts: 89
    • View Profile
Re: Should I hold off on MacOS Sierra?
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 09:28:08 AM »
I upgraded one of my Macs, thinking if there are major problems then I still have the other.  Until a recent release of PM, there was an annoyance, where dialog boxes would be distorted, to the point of unreadable, all else was fine.

Now at this point I find Sierra and the latest Photomechanic to be completely trouble free. I haven't found a single problem.

Is anyone finding issues at this point between PM and Sierra?

I'm thinking of now going to update my other Mac, the laptop.