Author Topic: PM doesn't show screen when starting  (Read 2035 times)

Offline pszilard

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM doesn't show screen when starting
« on: November 14, 2016, 01:12:24 PM »
Frequently, when I try starting PM, it doesn't open a visible screen, and I can't display it even when using Command+Tab. I have to Quit and try again.

I am using the current version, and this was happening on both El Capitan and now on Sierra. Hardware is Late 2013 iMac 27" i7 with 32GB ram and 1TB SSD. Ditto on my MacBook Air.

This is most embarrassing when I try to show photos to customers!

How can this be remedied?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM doesn't show screen when starting
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 01:34:14 PM »
Frequently, when I try starting PM, it doesn't open a visible screen, and I can't display it even when using Command+Tab. I have to Quit and try again.

I am using the current version, and this was happening on both El Capitan and now on Sierra. Hardware is Late 2013 iMac 27" i7 with 32GB ram and 1TB SSD. Ditto on my MacBook Air.

This is most embarrassing when I try to show photos to customers!

How can this be remedied?

Check the General preferences in the Preferences dialog.  Make sure you don't have it set to "Do nothing" on startup.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#General_Preferences

Also, you can set PM to create a new window/tab when there is no Contact Sheet window when you resume PM:

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php?title=User_Manual_Flat_View#Contact_Sheet_Preferences

If changing these settings does not solve your problem, then I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk