Author Topic: saving multiple images to uniform size for emailing  (Read 2368 times)

Offline clphoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
saving multiple images to uniform size for emailing
« on: December 10, 2016, 09:32:40 PM »
I have a folder with 200 images ranging from 15 megs to 3 megs.  I want to copy all the images and have them under 1 meg for emailing.  Tried the "save as" and the "limit file size" box but getting different file sizes after completing the action.   And what is the best file size for emailing?  Thanks      Chris

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: saving multiple images to uniform size for emailing
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:07:41 AM »
I have a folder with 200 images ranging from 15 megs to 3 megs.  I want to copy all the images and have them under 1 meg for emailing.  Tried the "save as" and the "limit file size" box but getting different file sizes after completing the action.   And what is the best file size for emailing?  Thanks      Chris

Set the JPEG quality setting slider all the way to the left.  All of your images will then be saved at the desired final size.  Depending on the megapixels of the original images and your limit size, the image quality can be very poor (don't expect a 50 megapixel image to compress to a great looking 1MB JPEG.)

-Kirk