Author Topic: Batch tagging  (Read 5746 times)

Offline DoctorPhoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Batch tagging
« on: September 26, 2017, 02:53:12 PM »
How can I "batch" rating or color class?  On Mac, but cannot tag more than one pic at a time.  I would like to be able to rate many photos at once, and then tag (with color) those photos I have edited.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Batch tagging
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 03:15:03 PM »
You must have multiple images selected at once.  Once you have a selection that you want to toggle the tag, hold down the 'Modifier' key (Option on Mac, Shift on Windows) and click the tag box.

http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Tagging

Tagging
A Tagged image is one which has the small checkbox ticked in the lower right of the thumbnail. Tagging is distinct from Color Class as it is an on/off facility and can be used in parallel with the Color Classes to allow a huge variety of editing and categorizing strategies.

To Tag an image simply click in the check box or, with a selection of images,⌘+ Tags and ⌘- Untags. For a single image T will toggle the tag.
⌘T selects all tagged images. F3 will filter the view to show Tagged Images only.
Modifier-click on the Tag box in a selection of images to Tag or Untag the whole selection.

Setting Color Class is similar.  See: http://wiki.camerabits.com/en/index.php/User_Manual_Flat_View#Color_Classes

HTH,

-Kirk.

Offline DoctorPhoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 04:11:46 PM »
MANY, MANY thanks!  I've been wrestling with that one for years, figuring it was a "Mac" keystroke CMD + pressing whatever pics I wanted to label!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 05:31:03 PM »
MANY, MANY thanks!  I've been wrestling with that one for years, figuring it was a "Mac" keystroke CMD + pressing whatever pics I wanted to label!

Yes, there are also keyboard shortcuts that do the same things as above.

-Kirk