Author Topic: connection to photo shelter  (Read 11044 times)

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
connection to photo shelter
« on: January 21, 2018, 11:20:25 AM »
I have the same connection settings to connect to photo shelter on 2 MacBooks and 1 Windows PC. I can connect to P/S with my  windows PC without a problem. Yet I can no longer connect to P/S on either MacBook. I am using O/S Maverick 10.9.5 on both MacBook's. I have searched the forum but failed to find a solution to this problem I have. I have been advised to uninstall P/M on both MacBooks, but I can't see this solving the problem. And I also fear losing all FTP address's set up.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: connection to photo shelter
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 07:14:38 PM »
I have the same connection settings to connect to photo shelter on 2 MacBooks and 1 Windows PC. I can connect to P/S with my  windows PC without a problem. Yet I can no longer connect to P/S on either MacBook. I am using O/S Maverick 10.9.5 on both MacBook's. I have searched the forum but failed to find a solution to this problem I have. I have been advised to uninstall P/M on both MacBooks, but I can't see this solving the problem. And I also fear losing all FTP address's set up.

Uninstalling won't make any difference.  There is no 'installer' on macOS.  Putting PM into the Trash is only going to delete the app and none of the settings.

I'd like to see your Photo Mechanic log.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 09:54:53 AM »
Hi Kirk

Attached is the "zipped log file" as requested. If it's of any help I've contacted Photoshelter just in case the problem was with them, but as expected they said my P/M 5 is up to date so could not assist. I have no problem uploading to Windows P/M 5 into P/S only on both my MacBooks. The problem began some time ago when uploading to P/S and 95% of my images were failing to load. I have attempted to connect to P/S with my anti virus and the firewall off but I still failed to connect to P/S. Hope you can assist. Thanks

Jeff

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 10:31:07 AM »
Jeff,

Thank you for the log.

Your DNS server is invalid and is set to 0.0.0.0 and I think that if you correct that problem, then the PhotoShelter template will start working again.

-Kirk

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 11:18:32 AM »
Thanks very much Kirk. This sounds technical and I have to admit that I don't know where to begin to look to correct this setting of 0.0.0.0 - I take it that it is on my P/M program somewhere ?

Jeff

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 12:39:35 PM »
Jeff.

Thanks very much Kirk. This sounds technical and I have to admit that I don't know where to begin to look to correct this setting of 0.0.0.0 - I take it that it is on my P/M program somewhere ?

No.  In the Networking section of the System Preferences.  See the two attached images.  The first one shows the Networking panel loaded.  The second one shows the Networking panel after clicking on the "Advanced" button in the first image, and then clicking on the "DNS" tab.  Clicking on the "+" (plus) icon allows you to enter an address for a DNS server (I expect that yours is blank or is invalid).  The 8.8.8.8 in my screen shot is the Google public DNS that anyone can use.  You can add it to yours and I expect that your problem with PhotoShelter will cease to occur.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 12:44:31 PM »
Hi Kirk

Got it and many thanks for your assistance in this.

Best
Jeff Thomas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 01:21:21 PM »
Jeff,

Got it and many thanks for your assistance in this.

You're welcome.  Did that fix the problem?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 03:01:30 AM »
Hi Kirk

I have "Clean My Mac" installed. Ran the "Maintenance" program, cleaned up the cache, have set priority and secondary in DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as advised. But still cannot connect to P/S. For your info - I have no problem's with connecting with FTP. Can you give me further advise please ?

Jefff

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 03:13:29 AM »
Kirk

Also, on my one MacBook when attempting to connect to P/S I get the following "HTTPF Found 302 found read body=true". You obviously will know whatever that means ?

Jeff

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 07:26:13 AM »
Jeff,

Also, on my one MacBook when attempting to connect to P/S I get the following "HTTPF Found 302 found read body=true". You obviously will know whatever that means ?

Where are you seeing this?  Please post an updated and zipped PM.log.

-Kirk

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 08:46:40 AM »
Kirk

Attached is the update of the zipped file log from my 13" MacBook. I will send you a screenshot from my 15" MacBook following this message, along with it's zipped file

Jeff

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 08:58:22 AM »
Kirk

This is a screenshot off my 15" Macbook when attempting to log into P/S. For some reason when looking in 'help' on this Mac I'm not getting the PM log as on my 13" Mac ???

Jeff

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 09:19:58 AM »
OK, so what does it do instead?  Is the Help menu missing some items?

There's nothing special about that command.  It opens up the same folder as on your other system and simply compresses the file for you.  You can do this manually if you like and then post the compressed log file here.

One other thing, what build of PM5 are your macOS systems running?  If it isn't build 19094 (you can see it in the About Photo Mechanic box) then please update your Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk

Offline Jeff1

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 09:31:49 AM »
Kirk

15" Build is 13645 - 13" Build is 15451 - Both update regularly. In fact I think one of them was updated today.

Safari Help, Acknowledgements, Installed plug-Ins are the only commands that drop from the 'help' box on my 15" mac. I will attempt to send you a zip file from this (15") mac

Jeff