Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Can't Tag images

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kirk Baker:
Andy,

Thanks for the log.  Can you check to see if the following file exists and that you can access it?

/Users/aheidt/Desktop/2018-02-09D Residence Halls/20180209Da 023.NEF

PM thinks it exists, but the error it is getting while reading from the file indicates that it does not exist.

What file system does your boot drive have on it?

Thanks,

-Kirk

adheidt:
Kirk-
That file does exist, but not in that threaded location; it's an image that I was able to tag and then move to the trash. I was able to move it back into the original ingest location. I've attached a screenshot from Disk Utility showing the file system that is running on my boot drive.
-Andy

Kirk Baker:
Andy,

Are you embedding XMP metadata into your NEF files?  Or are you using XMP sidecar files?

-Kirk

adheidt:
Kirk-
I’m embedding XMP into the NEF files.
-Andy

Kirk Baker:
Andy,

--- Quote from: adheidt on February 13, 2018, 02:39:34 PM ---I’m embedding XMP into the NEF files.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  Because of a serious filesystem bug that we've discovered with Apple's new APFS file system, we suggest not embedding XMP into RAW files.  Use XMP sidecar files.  We're working on a workaround, but unfortunately the method turns out to be much slower than the methods we currently use.

Hopefully Apple will fix the bug that we've reported soon.  We will release an update that works around the problem, but the issue is completely non-existent when using XMP sidecar files.

This thread has more details on the problem: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=11238.0

-Kirk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version