Author Topic: 64-bit app on Mac  (Read 3651 times)

Offline CampanellaFoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
64-bit app on Mac
« on: April 19, 2018, 01:54:50 AM »
Apple is planning on phasing out 32-bit app support on the Mac. MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4 begins warning users of this coming change.

To prepare for a future release of macOS in which 32-bit software will no longer run without compromise, starting in macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 a user is notified on the launch of an app that depends on 32-bit software. The alert appears only once per app.

I looked through what apps I use on my computer that are still 32-bit and I saw that my beloved Photo Mechanic is among them. So I was just curious to hear how prepared you guys are for this coming change? It could be that whatever OS they release this fall cuts off 32-bit support and if that happens that would mean any new Mac that is purchased once that OS is launched would not be able to run Photo Mechanic.

Link: https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/01/24/macos-high-sierra-10134-warns-users-about-32-bit-softwares-impending-demise

Offline CampanellaFoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: 64-bit app on Mac
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 01:57:32 AM »
I see this was addressed in the support forum. Good to know you guys are working on it. :D