Author Topic: sidecar .xmp files unlinking after changing color class  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Roybdigipix

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
sidecar .xmp files unlinking after changing color class
« on: May 21, 2018, 08:03:09 AM »
I have noticed that my RAW files are not opening with my saved xmp info, if I change the color class of the file. Is there a way to resolve this?  Or do I have to avoid using color class files.  I'm currently working to add 300k historical photos to an Archive and I'm using color class as a way to sort them as we're adding metadata.  Losing the xmp settings to the RAW files is more than troublesome.  Thanks

I am using PM 5 build 19395 (69a3200)
on Mac OS 10.13.4
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 08:06:14 AM by Roybdigipix »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: sidecar .xmp files unlinking after changing color class
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 08:50:58 AM »
I have noticed that my RAW files are not opening with my saved xmp info, if I change the color class of the file. Is there a way to resolve this?  Or do I have to avoid using color class files.  I'm currently working to add 300k historical photos to an Archive and I'm using color class as a way to sort them as we're adding metadata.  Losing the xmp settings to the RAW files is more than troublesome.  Thanks

I am using PM 5 build 19395 (69a3200)
on Mac OS 10.13.4

What software are you using to render your RAW files?  If it is an Adobe product like Lightroom, Bridge, or the Adobe Camera RAW plugin for Photoshop, then you should be using an XMP sidecar workflow in PM.

If you are indeed using Adobe products, use the snapshot button (looks like a lightning bolt) in the IPTC/XMP settings and choose the the "Adobe Products" item.  Otherwise, I'd like to see a screenshot of your IPTC/XMP settings.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk