Author Topic: A stupid question about startup sreen  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Sadko

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
A stupid question about startup sreen
« on: June 24, 2018, 03:03:15 PM »
Is it possible to make my base start screen look like in mac's very own Preview, whenever I open a picture(s)?

It's always opening all of my files in the root folder and I would like to change that because I have some private photos in the same folder (and I'd very much like them to stay there and not to make more sub-folders).

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: A stupid question about startup sreen
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 05:05:24 PM »
Is it possible to make my base start screen look like in mac's very own Preview, whenever I open a picture(s)?

It's always opening all of my files in the root folder and I would like to change that because I have some private photos in the same folder (and I'd very much like them to stay there and not to make more sub-folders).

I'm not sure that I understand what you're asking for but I'll try a response anyway.  In the Preferences dialog there are options for what PM does on startup.  You can choose to open the last contact sheet (which I think is likely your current setting) or to have it open an empty window (there are other options as well).  If you have it startup and show nothing, then you can use the Favorites or Navigator to open up the folders that you want to see on that session.

I hope this helps.  Like I said, I'm not sure I understood your problem or what you are trying to achieve.

-Kirk

Offline Sadko

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 05:17:32 PM »

I'm not sure that I understand what you're asking for but I'll try a response anyway.  In the Preferences dialog there are options for what PM does on startup.  You can choose to open the last contact sheet (which I think is likely your current setting) or to have it open an empty window (there are other options as well).  If you have it startup and show nothing, then you can use the Favorites or Navigator to open up the folders that you want to see on that session.

I hope this helps.  Like I said, I'm not sure I understood your problem or what you are trying to achieve.

-Kirk

I'm sorry for not being clear, English is not my mother tongue.

My idea is to set the program settings in order to get window like in the first picture screenshot whenever I open a photo.
At the moment, I always get window like shown on the second SS.

So, I would like to skip "listing" from my folder and just show the selected picture.

Is this possible?

Thank you for your patience.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 08:48:30 PM by Kirk Baker »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 08:49:59 PM »

-Kirk

I'm sorry for not being clear, English is not my mother tongue.

My idea is to set the program settings in order to get window like in the first picture screenshot whenever I open a photo.
At the moment, I always get window like shown on the second SS.

So, I would like to skip "listing" from my folder and just show the selected picture.

Is this possible?

No, there is no way to start with the Photo Mechanic Preview window.  There must first be a Contact Sheet window and then the Preview window can be opened from the Contact Sheet.  Simply pressing the space bar will go into the Preview window from the Contact Sheet window.

-Kirk