Author Topic: Keyboard shortcuts for iMac  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Keyboard shortcuts for iMac
« on: March 09, 2022, 12:48:21 AM »
Good morning everyone I hope you are all well.

I am trying to find a keyboard shortcut when using my iMac with a large number of images displayed. For instance, trying to get back to the first image, or the first page, on a contact sheet. at present, I have to scroll labourioulsy using the mouse etc but I am suer there must be a shortcut of some sort. Tried to find it through help sections but no luck.

Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and stay well.

Frank

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Keyboard shortcuts for iMac
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2022, 07:46:52 AM »
Frank,

I am trying to find a keyboard shortcut when using my iMac with a large number of images displayed. For instance, trying to get back to the first image, or the first page, on a contact sheet. at present, I have to scroll labourioulsy using the mouse etc but I am suer there must be a shortcut of some sort. Tried to find it through help sections but no luck.

The Home key will go to the top of the Contact Sheet.  The End key will go to the end of the Contact Sheet.

-Kirk

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 09:49:47 AM »
Thanks for asking about this and pointing out that they were missing from the documentation. As a result, we just made sure those shortcuts were added to the full list of Keyboard Shortcuts.

macOS:
https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000317772-keyboard-shortcuts-macos

Windows:
https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48000317837-keyboard-shortcuts-windows

Cheers!
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2022, 11:12:11 AM »
Thanks Guys much appreciated.

Frank :)

Offline PeterM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 06:54:26 PM »
The shortcuts are very helpful.

I had to look up 'Home' and 'End' keys for the Mac. The equivalents are fn + Left Arrow and fn + Right Arrow.