Photo Mechanic > Feature Requests

Ability to jump from one code replacement point to the next in caption

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bob:
David: I have the same issue trying to place the cursor directly after the "\" for code replace in a hurry trying to edit as many photos as possible at an NFL halftime, for example. My solution was to use a macro that, in this case, moves the cursor one line down, then one character over to the right, each time the IPTC Info opens... which is exactly where it needs to be to be after the "\" in my caps. It does require running a very useful app called "Keyboard Maestro" (paid, unfortunately), but once loaded, it will also do many other useful things, like allow quick key macros of anything (email addresses, anything). It's very powerful.
If anyone is interested, I will share the macro for this, you just import it into Keyboard Maestro.

David Maginnis:

--- Quote from: Bob on November 16, 2018, 06:13:22 PM ---David: I have the same issue trying to place the cursor directly after the "\" for code replace in a hurry trying to edit as many photos as possible at an NFL halftime, for example. My solution was to use a macro that, in this case, moves the cursor one line down, then one character over to the right, each time the IPTC Info opens... which is exactly where it needs to be to be after the "\" in my caps. It does require running a very useful app called "Keyboard Maestro" (paid, unfortunately), but once loaded, it will also do many other useful things, like allow quick key macros of anything (email addresses, anything). It's very powerful.
If anyone is interested, I will share the macro for this, you just import it into Keyboard Maestro.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Kirk,
I'll take some time out on Monday to outline my current workflow so you can see what I have currently.  Any suggestions for improving would be very welcome.  Thanks again. 
Working at International soccer match tomorrow so don't really want to change anything radically for the time being until this assignment is completed.

David Maginnis:
As requested.  Screenprint of my edited IPTC stationery pad. 

Kirk Baker:
So /cr/ turns into "Jordan Owens" and /gl/ turns into "Rhys Marshall"?

Is that correct?

-Kirk

David Maginnis:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on November 19, 2018, 07:18:37 AM ---So /cr/ turns into "Jordan Owens" and /gl/ turns into "Rhys Marshall"?

Is that correct?

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

Thats correct.  I enter the players shirt number and the backslash and the code is replaced as norm.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version