Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Captions in email body?

(1/3) > >>

Irish Snapper:
Just wondering, I'm coming from iView and when you use it to email images it has a facility for including the text from each images caption/IPTC automatically in the body of the email which I found very useful. Is this available in Photo Mechanic and if so how do I use it.

Thanks...

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Irish Snapper on April 04, 2007, 11:07:44 PM ---Just wondering, I'm coming from iView and when you use it to email images it has a facility for including the text from each images caption/IPTC automatically in the body of the email which I found very useful. Is this available in Photo Mechanic and if so how do I use it.
--- End quote ---

Just put:

{caption}

in the body text field.  That should do it.

-Kirk

Irish Snapper:
Thanks for such a fast reply. That sounds good. Have just tried it but it doesn't seem to include more than one caption when I have 2 or more images in an email. Is this still possible.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Irish Snapper on April 04, 2007, 11:51:12 PM ---Thanks for such a fast reply. That sounds good. Have just tried it but it doesn't seem to include more than one caption when I have 2 or more images in an email. Is this still possible.

--- End quote ---

If you send a each photo in an individual email then you'll get a different caption for each email.  Otherwise if you send more than one photo in a single email, then you get the caption of the first photo only.

-Kirk

mbbphoto:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on April 04, 2007, 11:59:16 PM ---
If you send a each photo in an individual email then you'll get a different caption for each email.  Otherwise if you send more than one photo in a single email, then you get the caption of the first photo only.

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

Perhaps this could be put on the 4.5.1 wishlist.
Having it on the image as part of a watermark would also be fab....
If you agree with me, please post a me too so Kirk can see if its really useful to a bunch of people or just me daydreaming.
I would use it a lot..

Marc (I'm ready for the full release of 4.5) Bryan-Brown

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version